Gutland, Achaia Clauss und Antonopoulos Vineyards AG, in Monchengladbach, a wine company, is looking to hire an experienced Wine Sales Manager for Germany. Gutland, represents Greek award-winning wines and wine brands, including: Mavrodaphne Reserve, Gustav Clauss, Melissea, Gris De Noir, Merlot, ANAX Syrah, Cabernet, Gerontoklima Merlot – Syrah, Gerontoklima Merlot - Vertzami.
- The Wine Sales Manager for Germany, is a strategic, creative, player/coach, who strategically and positively impacts our wine brands, develops the wine business, sales and profitability. This position leads supports and accelerates the growth of our wine products in on-premise and off-premise accounts through direct sales activities. The Wine Sales Manager is a strategic leader with tactical ability, and is equally skilled at developing brand relationships, executing direct sales and overall development of strategies and tactics. This will include brand management, new customer development, customer marketing efforts, product marketing efforts, channel/partner marketing, demand generation, community relations and sales enablement.
- Using industry expertise and sound judgement, drive wine sales and profit goals through:
- Development of wine brands and wine product portfolio in line with customer demographics and opportunities.
- Developing and implementing strategic planning, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans and related product value positioning.
- Optimizing and executing marketing programs in all points of wine sales such as restaurants, super markets, cava etc relating to new or existing items, brands, packages or channel partner initiatives.
- Effectively managing product and project specific budgets.
- Defining, developing and managing wine sales, programs and tactics.
- Secure new customers and product placement by expanding our wine footprint within small format, large format and on-premise channels.
- Collaborating with other sales leaders to define channel/partner marketing strategies. Build a successful foundation to segment partners and support key partners based on revenue growth.
- Collaborating with leadership, marketing team, category management, vendors and sales to define go-to-market strategies; develop target customers and define core product value propositions and messaging and key benefits.
- Conducting competitive research and positioning activities for all current and future products.
- Continually defining and implementing market opportunities by validating new products, inform leadership of new opportunities, and provide key insight for new and existing markets.
- Work with sales team to turn insights into action by creating brand expansion/extension programs.
- Develop and enhance effective customer relationships through:
- Conducting all business with the highest levels of integrity and ethics.
- Vigilantly being present in the community, with vendors and with customers to strengthen the Gutland’s wine brands and reputation. Expertly leading promotions, events, sponsorships, community service and marketing programs to enhance and extend the Gutland’s brands.
- Developing, implementing and leading wine product launch and development roadmap. Continuously evaluate market trends, seeking current and potential customer feedback to assess needs gaps and opportunities.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to problem solve independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintain entrepreneurial spirit in all day-to-day activities and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience (specific to wine) may substitute for formal business degree
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and German language
- Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrated successful background in wine vendor development, wine sales and wine marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, wine production, and service.
- Proven experience managing vendors and customers.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that consistently met or exceed planned objectives including revenue goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create result driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Open, collaborative, communicative leader.
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability and expenses.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent sales skills.
- Minimum 5 years senior sales experience in wine industry
- Wine training and/or certifications preferred courses, Court of Master Sommeliers program
- Knowledge of Germany’s market (vendors, customers, products)
- Experience with sales technology solutions including social media platforms
- Strong analytical (including KPI’s) and problems solving skills
- Experience in community service and involvement
- Wage information for this position is confidential. Submit salary requirements with resume and qualifications
- Non-union benefits package
- Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- Extensive time out of office visiting customers, venders and on-site visits
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- The Wine Sales Manager is expected to take calls for emergency situations outside of business hours
- Please, no phone calls or walk-ins. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we cannot respond directly to all applicants.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ansprechpartner: Spyros Repousis