Villa Maria Estate Ltd is New Zealand’s most awarded winery and consistently ranked in the top 10 Wine Brands in the world. We are still experiencing tremendous growth in our export markets and are looking for someone to strengthen our team.
Reporting to the European Market Manager and based in continental Europe, this is a 12-month-fixed-term contract to provide support during the growth period, with the possibility of contract extension and career progression within the company.
- We are currently searching for a passionate European Market Executive (m/f/d). In this role you will be responsible for supporting brand building initiatives across Europe, while also managing a number of developing markets directly. You will be supporting the brand building activities in 32 important European markets as required (including trade shows, tastings and sales trips). A key requirement and skill will be leading tastings with customers, sales agents and consumers, sharing our wines and our story with them and enthusing them about Villa Maria wines.
- As part of your position you will be creating and maintaining a network of high value contacts throughout the German wine merchants. Furthermore you will be coaching sales representatives and agents within this market. You will also be managing the developing markets of Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Switzerland and will be responsible for increasing sales volumes and values.
- Commercial Apprenticeship or Bachelor/Master degree in the fields of hospitality, wine and/or Business
- 2-4-year-experience in the wine, hospitality or retail industry
- Good understanding of wine (preferably Sommelier (IHK) or WSET 2/3)
- Fluent English and German
- Willing to travel across Europe on a frequent basis
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable using social media
- Comfortable working independently
- Well presented, professional and passionate
- Thrive in an environment where support is given to achieve tough goals but supervision is minimal
- The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, flexible hours and regular travel (including on occasion to New Zealand).
Ansprechpartner: Vincent Lensveldt